A private tour is the most convenient and comfortable way to visit all these wonderful Canadian cities.
Thousand Islands - Canada's Getaway to the North Atlantic
First discovered by French explorers in the mid 1500s, the area of 1000 Islands is a place of unparalleled beauty.
Starting where Lake Ontario becomes the source of the St. Lawrence River, an archipelago of 1864 scenic islands lay for an extension of about 80 kilometres and is shared by Canada and the US as part as the St. Lawrence Seaway. Most of these islands are part of what is known as the Great Canadian Shield and the area was designated in 2002 by UNESCO as a World Biosphere Reserve. The natural beauty of 1000 Islands can be enjoyed by everyone visiting the area.
Approximately three hours Northeast of Toronto, 1000 islands emerges within the St. Lawrence River. During this tour you will have the opportunity to enjoy this marvellous scenic landscape surrounded by flowing waters. Your adventure begins at “the heart of the islands” – a magnificent part of Canada. You will board a cruise ship that will take you through picturesque islands of different sizes and shapes, culminating with the impressive, romantic Boldt Castle build on the landscape shaped “Heart Island”. On board the cruise ship, commentary in several languages will be given regarding the historical significance and importance of the people how contributed to the development and prosperity of this area. Some of the sites you will enjoy are:
- The majestic shores of the St. Lawrence River
- The shortest international bridge
- Striking vistas of Boldt Castle on Heart Island
- Amazing views along the Thousand Islands Parkway
- The colonial waterfront at the city of Kingston
- Historic Queen’s University
This tour operates mid-May to mid-October only
- Private transportation on an A/C vehicle
- Private Tour Guide in English o Español ou Português
- All fuel and parking costs
- Bottled water for all travellers
- Downtown Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals and beverages
- Admission fees to attractions
- Personal expenses